Employment and ERISA Matters
Resolving employment law disputes
The Wolford Law Firm LLP defends employers and businesses in all types of employment disputes. From employment discrimination claims to disputes under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA"), our experienced litigation attorneys provide effective and cost-efficient representation to businesses of all sizes.
We defend businesses and corporations against claims alleging all types of discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, wrongful termination, or retaliation, regardless of whether those claims arise under federal law or the New York State Human Rights Law, including claims alleging discrimination based upon—
Our attorneys also represent individuals and businesses in disputes involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation and breach of non-compete agreements by former employees.
We have successfully resolved and litigated employment law claims, including some of the following recent matters:
- Successfully defended against a disability discrimination claim tried before the New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client employer dismissing sexual harassment and gender discrimination claims brought in federal court.
- Obtained dismissal of race discrimination claims brought against client employer in federal court.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act ("ERISA") litigation can include claims against employers, fiduciaries, trustees, administrators and the plan itself, and can involve the administration of pension and welfare plans (including disability and life insurance plans). The Wolford Law Firm LLP has experience handling employee benefit claims, and in dealing with complex forum selection issues and potential attorneys’ fees claims that can arise under ERISA.
In some of our recent ERISA cases, we—
- Obtained summary judgment in client's favor on ERISA-governed plan, including award of attorneys' fees and prejudgment interest.
- Obtained dismissal of ERISA claims asserted against client in federal court.
If you have a legal problem that can benefit from experienced trial attorneys, call The Wolford Law Firm LLP at (585) 325-8000 or (877) 394-8497 or use our online contact form. We look forward to talking with you.