Tax Assessment and Municipal Litigation
New York property tax and land use litigation
The trial attorneys at The Wolford Law Firm LLP put their experience to work in tax assessment and municipal litigation matters. We represent clients in disputes involving the following:
- Property tax assessments
- Zoning and land use decisions
- Denial of permits or licenses
- Condemnation and use of eminent domain powers
- Article 78 proceedings
At The Wolford Law Firm, we help guide our clients through the maze of tax assessment and municipal litigation. Our size makes us efficient and flexible; our experience allows us to capably handle all types of complex litigation.
Western and Central New York municipal litigation attorneys with a track record of success
The Wolford Law Firm LLP handles all types of municipal litigation. We are well-versed in the unique provisions of New York law that impact litigation by and against municipalities.
In some of our recent cases, we—
- Successfully defended on appeal against the dismissal of a municipality’s breach of contract claim related to inter-municipal sewer services.
- Successfully defended a municipality against First Amendment retaliation claims under 42 U.S.C. §1983 and sexual harassment claims under Title VII brought by a former official.
- Obtained summary judgment for a client seeking to enforce tax abatement provisions in an open space preservation agreement.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a town dismissing environmental and tort claims in both state and federal court, and successfully defended the federal court's and the state court's decisions on appeal.
From our office in Rochester, The Wolford Law Firm LLP handles all types of disputes involving real property and tax assessments. Let us put our 75-plus years of combined litigation experience to work for you.
If you have a legal problem that can benefit from experienced trial attorneys, call The Wolford Law Firm LLP at (585) 325-8000 or (877) 394-8497 or use our online contact form. We look forward to talking with you.